Wm. Blake Montgomery
Blake Montgomery is a Hope native and is a graduate of the University of Arkansas School of Law at Fayetteville. Blake went into solo practice immediately after law school in Hope, Arkansas in 2015. Blake’s primary areas of practice are personal injury, bankruptcy, and criminal defense.
- Hope High School Class of 2010
- Arkansas School for Mathematics, Sciences, and the Arts Class of 2010
- University of Arkansas at Fayetteville; B.A. Political Science
- University of Arkansas School of Law at Fayetteville; J.D.
- Downing College at University of Cambridge, Cambridge, U.K.; Studied comparative international law in partnership with the University of Arkansas
- Top score on the February 2015 Arkansas Bar Examination.
- Became a licensed attorney in Arkansas at the age of 22, one of the youngest attorneys in Arkansas in the last fifty years.
- Winner of the W.J. Arnold Memorial Award for Most Promising Trial Lawyer at the University of Arkansas School of Law.
- Voted Best Attorney in the 2018 Hope Star newspaper.
- Voted Best Male Hempstead Countian in the 2018 Hope Star newspaper.
Appointments and Memberships:
- Appointed by Gov. Asa Hutchinson to serve as a Commissioner on the Arkansas Public Defender Commission in 2018 for a three year term.
- Member of the Hope/Hempstead County Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Hope Downtown Network
- Member of the Arkansas Bar Association
- Member of the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association
- Joseph Kopecky vs. Connie Lavender as City Clerk of Hope, Arkansas, et al, Hempstead County Circuit Court Case No. 29CV-16-137-1
- Represented City Board Candidate Lt. Col. Jay Kopecky in an election lawsuit against City of Hope officials regarding the City of Hope’s requirements for candidacy, resulting in a change in Hope’s candidate procedures.
- In the Matter of the Milton and Mary Campbell Trust, Pulaski County Circuit Court Case No.: 60PR-15-232
- Represented the Hempstead County Library in a trust litigation suit in Little Rock, Arkansas obtaining a $1.4 Million bequest for the construction of a new library building.